Monday, March 19, 2012

Scrap Bag Swap - What I Made

Recently I participated in the Scrap Bag Swap organised and hosted by Nin from The Wardrobe. My partner was a lady named Kerrie from Napier, New Zealand (fun - love an international swap!) The swap requirements were that -

1. You send some scraps from your stash, and
2. You make a bag to put them in

Great idea! A gift with some fabulous wrapping.

To stay true to the scrap theme, I grabbed my scraps and made my swap bag using those. You may remember the work in progress from this post.

Here is the finished product:


And the other side:


I lined it with a multi coloured polka dot, to coordinate with all the varied colours on the outside. I filled it up with scraps from my stash - I hope Kerrie can use them! They were a real mixed bag - some Amy B, some kids prints, some florals, and some vintage bits and pieces. I also popped in a bag of buttons from my huge stash, as Kerrie makes softies and buttons always come in handy for eyes and noses.


Next post I look forward to sharing the lovely vintage themed scrap bag gift I received from Anissa!

11 comments:

  1. So lovely! I really like the strawberry fabric :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant way to use up your scraps and it looks fabulous, Ros!!! You've even changed thread colour to co-ordinate your topstitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a really fun swap..I love the pouch you made..so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! What a cool swap!!
    You know, I still haven't made a project with a zipper... I must get onto that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great idea. I have lots of scraps left from my "dress a girl around the world" effort. I could make a few little bags to send out with the next parcel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I just dusted off my sewing machine and I have a TON of fabric scraps...wonder if I could pull something like this off? Thanks for linking up at TT&J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its beautiful and wonderful post share with us. I love this scrap bag swap. Its also use for gift wrapping. I like his fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful work, you have a talent and putting colors and patterns together!!

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - you were featured today!
    --Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...