Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Favourite Choc Chip Cookies - Recipe

It's been a while since I've done a recipe. So I thought I'd share one that I make all the time. You know those stand-by recipes that always work. Tried and tested. Love it.


Also known as my favourite choc chip biscuits. Yep - in Australia we call them biscuits. And what you may know as biscuits, we call scones. Confused? Don't worry, call them what you like, they are YUM!

And here is how to make them.

You need:
1 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1/2 teaspoon salt
80g softened butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup soft brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed nuts (of your choice - I often use almonds, hazelnuts or pecans. Whatever you like! Optional of course - many people are allergic to nuts.)

1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350F)
2. Cream butter, sugars and vanilla until light and creamy. Beat in egg.
3. Sift in flour, bicarb soda and salt. Mix until well combined.
4. Stir in choc chips and nuts.
5. Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture onto baking trays (I like to line mine with baking paper)


At this point be careful...the cookie dough tastes divine and you will want to eat it all. Try to cook some :)

6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Keep an eye on them.
7. Cool on tray or transfer them to a cooling rack.


Omg. I need some now, just looking at that picture....

My local supermarket has just started stocking caramel cooking chips. I think I must buy them, then up the salt content in the recipe, and make salted caramel biscuits. Yes. I must. *drools*

Happy Baking!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! Late June, my family is gathering from all over the USA in the wonderful lower Shanandoah Valley for a long week-end to celebrate my Mom who passed away this last winter.
    There will be gaggles of kids... Whom I try to keep amused, one idea i plan to do is make cookies with them. And so I have pegged this as one to make (sans nuts as at least one child is allergic.). Thanks for the recipe & wonderful photos! Happy baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy! Pinning this right now so I remember to make them in the future; thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my fav too :) Thanks for sharing this post !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...